The Engineering Office of the Department of Public Works will hold three open houses for the draft 2020 Sidewalk Improvement District (SID) work plan.
The Spencer Road neighborhood is in sidewalk improvement district (SID) 4. Here are the meetings that include SID 4.
Monday, June 24, 2019
5:00 PM- 7:00 PM
Lehman Alternative Community School, Library
(SIDs 4 & 5)
Friday, June 28, 2019
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
City Hall, 2nd Floor Conference Room
Map of the Sidewalk Improvement Districts (SIDs).
Based on these open house meetings, the Department will then develop a final proposed work plan and budget and these will be presented to the Board of Public Works. The budgets for each SID can then be translated into the Mayor’s proposed budget and Common Council will have the opportunity to review each SID work plan through their normal budget review process this fall. Projects that are not included in the 2020 work plan will be considered for 2021.
Questions about undertaking sidewalk work can be directed to the Engineering Office (607) 274-6534. The proposed 2020 Work Plan will be posted to the City’s website after the first meeting. Written comments will also be accepted through July 16, 2019 via email at email@example.com.
Reminder: the neighborhood clean up will be this Saturday, May 4th at 10am (rain date: Sunday, May 5th – same time). Meet at the intersection between the 400 and the 500 blocks of Spencer Road (where South Meadow Ext meets Spencer Road).
Meet your neighbors and help keep our neighborhood clean!
- Bring work gloves if you have them (they are also available if you do not)
- Reflective vests available
- Trash bags provided
- Refreshments provided
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Our next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association will be 10:00-11:30am, Sunday, April 28, 2019 at Tompkins Community Action (701 Spencer Road). (The Door is locked, ring doorbell for entry.)
Purpose of meeting:
We want to expand and organize our association for greater effectiveness, and to develop plans to address issues with the Spencer Road/Stone Quarry intersection and the 300 block of Spencer Road.
- Brainstorming a mission statement (10 min)
- Are elections necessary? If so, what should the roles, responsibilities, and terms be? (10 min)
- Request more communication from the city, regular updates on Common Council and BPW meetings, and any items that get sent to other neighborhood organizations. (5 min)
Stone Quarry Intersection Punch List
- Fixing drainage, painting, signage (5 min)
- School buses (Where do they/should they run pickup/dropoffs?) (10 min)
- Mail delivery (Weekday delivery sees mail truck driving on sidewalk and pedestrians forced to walk on street) (20 min)
300 Block of Spencer Road
- Poor quality of road (15 min)
- Traffic calming (15 min)
- Develop dedicated turn-around on 300 block (5 min)
Planning Future Events (5 min total)
- Spring cleanup is May 4 at 10:00AM, meet on the 400 block
- The next meeting in May, date TBD, at the Tompkins County Public Library, to evaluate that as a meeting place
- Summer block party
TC Action’s Amici House, located at 701 Spencer Road, has now opened.
Please join us this Sunday, Match 3, at 10am at Panera (on South Meadow St) for our monthly meeting to discuss neighborhood issues and to get to know each other. We’ll provide the coffee and a treat.
The next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association meeting is scheduled for February 3, 2019 at Panera Bread (on South Meadow St) at 10AM.
- scheduling our road clean-up for spring and fall
- other neighborhood news
- enjoying a cup of coffee with the neighbors!
All are welcome!
Our next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association Meeting will be on Sunday, December 2nd at 10:00am at the Panera on South Meadow St. Come meet your neighbors and discuss topics relevant to our neighborhood.