Starting Monday, November 7th, Stone Quarry Rd will be closed to through traffic from the Spencer Rd/Stone Quarry Rd intersection all the way up to King Rd for storm drain work. It is anticipated to be closed through November 18th. For concerns and questions, call the City’s Streets & Facilities Division at (607) 272-1718.
The 200 block of Spencer St (the other side of the traffic circle from Spencer Rd) will be closed to through traffic November 7th-10th for water and sewer upgrades. For concerns or questions about this, call the City’s Water and Sewer Division at: (607) 272-1717.
Two different Spencer Rd projects will be discussed at City board meetings this week:
- On Monday, Oct 24th at 4:45pm, the Board of Public Works will be voting on the proposed changes to the Spencer Rd/Stone Quarry Rd intersection (and other associated changes on the 400 block of Spencer Rd and the Spencer Rd/South Meadow intersection). Unfortunately there does not appear to be detailed information about the proposed plan online, but the short of it is that Spencer Rd would be dead-ended at the Spencer Rd/Stone Quarry Rd intersection and there will be some possible pedestrian improvements on the 400 block of Spencer Rd through the Spencer Rd/South Meadow intersection and along South Meadow St Ext. Here is the meeting’s agenda.
- On Tuesday, Oct 25th at 6pm, the Amici House project at 701 Spencer Rd will be discussed by the Planning and Development Board. More information about the project can be seen in the meeting’s agenda (large-size PDF).
Both meetings will be held in the 3rd floor meeting room of Ithaca City Hall (108 E Green St).
As a part of their meeting on Monday, the Board of Public Works will be including a discussion on the three traffic/sidewalk options proposed from the Spencer Road traffic/sidewalk study.
The traffic/sidewalk study directly affects the 400 block of Spencer Rd, South Meadow St Ext, the Spencer Rd/Stone Quarry Rd intersection, and the Spencer Rd/South Meadow intersection.
The meeting will be Monday, October 3rd starting at 4:45pm on the 3rd floor of City Hall (108 E Green St).
The meeting agenda could be viewed online here.
- condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish)
- vegan burgers or other vegan items to grill
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- paper supplies (additional paper plates, napkins, cups, paper towels)
- hamburger and hotdog buns
There will be a meeting on Wednesday, June 29,2016 at 6pm at the Stone Quarry Apartments (400 Spencer Road) to discuss our second annual neighborhood picnic (which will be held in August). Also, Officer Jaime Williamson will be there to talk about safety and starting a neighborhood watch.
The second annual Spencer Road neighborhood clean-up will take place on Saturday, June 25th, starting at 9am. This is done as an entirely volunteer effort by Spencer Road area neighbors. The city will take the trash away for us, we just need to bag it up. Please come join us in keeping our neighborhood clean!
Neighbors interested in helping to pick up trash should convene at 9am by the Spencer Road triangle (500 Spencer Road). Please bring your own gloves, if possible. Trash bags will be provided.