Our next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association will be 10:00-11:30am, Sunday, April 28, 2019 at Tompkins Community Action (701 Spencer Road). (The Door is locked, ring doorbell for entry.)
Purpose of meeting:
We want to expand and organize our association for greater effectiveness, and to develop plans to address issues with the Spencer Road/Stone Quarry intersection and the 300 block of Spencer Road.
- Brainstorming a mission statement (10 min)
- Are elections necessary? If so, what should the roles, responsibilities, and terms be? (10 min)
- Request more communication from the city, regular updates on Common Council and BPW meetings, and any items that get sent to other neighborhood organizations. (5 min)
Stone Quarry Intersection Punch List
- Fixing drainage, painting, signage (5 min)
- School buses (Where do they/should they run pickup/dropoffs?) (10 min)
- Mail delivery (Weekday delivery sees mail truck driving on sidewalk and pedestrians forced to walk on street) (20 min)
300 Block of Spencer Road
- Poor quality of road (15 min)
- Traffic calming (15 min)
- Develop dedicated turn-around on 300 block (5 min)
Planning Future Events (5 min total)
- Spring cleanup is May 4 at 10:00AM, meet on the 400 block
- The next meeting in May, date TBD, at the Tompkins County Public Library, to evaluate that as a meeting place
- Summer block party
All are welcome to our neighborhood meeting, 10:00am Sunday 4/8 at Panera on South Meadow St. We will continue planning for the cleanup and block party that are happening this spring and summer.
Please join your neighborhood association Sunday, March 11th at 10:00am at the Panera on Route 13.
We will be planning our annual block party, so bring your ideas!
The Spencer Road Neighborhood Association’s second annual Spencer Road Neighborhood Block Party will be on Sunday, August 13th! The party will go from noon to 4:00 and will be on the 400 block of Spencer Road, between the Stone Quarry Road and South Meadow Street Extension intersections, in front of Stone Quarry Apartments. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers will be donated by the Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services, but please bring a side dish or dessert to share with your neighbors.
We have a lot of new events planned for this fun family-oriented party, including a fire truck visit from 12:30pm to 3:30pm, basketball and other games, and a raffle featuring items donated by local businesses (drawing at 3pm).
This should be a fun event for everyone, so please come and meet your neighbors!
Our second annual neighborhood block party will be Sunday, August 13th. Food (burgers, veggie burgers, etc.) will be available for all to enjoy. We are planning on having music and other things to see/do.
We are slated to be holding this on the 400 block of Spencer Rd. Look for our neighbor Claudia who will be collecting the signatures to make this happen!
There will be a planning meeting for the Block Party on Sunday, July 16th at 10am at Panera on South Meadow St. All are welcome to attend!
The next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association meeting will be Sunday, June 25th at 10am at Panera (on South Meadow St in Ithaca). All neighbors are welcome to attend!
Discussion topics will be: neighborhood watch, block party updates, plus any other concerns/comments/announcements neighbors have.