The Tompkins County Planning Department is hosting a series of public meetings to solicit public input on the update of the Tompkins County Comprehensive Plan. The public meetings will focus on proposed policies to address challenges facing the community including a discussion of conditions that have changed since the plan was adopted in 2004. Participants will be asked to comment on the proposed policies and suggest specific actions the community might take to implement those policies. It is anticipated that a completed draft plan incorporating comments received during this phase of the public input process will be ready for public review in the fall and that a final plan will be presented to the County Legislature for adoption later this year.
Meetings will be held on:
- June 19 Tompkins County Public Library’s Borg Warner Room 11am-1pm
- June 19 GIAC 5:30pm-7:30pm
- June 23 Caroline Elementary School 7pm-9pm
- June 24 Newfield Town Hall 7pm-9pm
- June 25 Jacksonville Community Methodist Church, 1869 Trumansburg Rd, Trumansburg, 7pm-9pm
- June 26 Groton Town Hall, 7pm-9pm
For further information, contact the Tompkins County Planning Department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-274-5560.
Information on the current comprehensive plan can be found here: http://www.tompkins-co.org/planning/compplan/.