Our next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association Meeting will be on Sunday, December 2nd at 10:00am at the Panera on South Meadow St. Come meet your neighbors and discuss topics relevant to our neighborhood.
Hello neighbors! There will be a meeting this Sunday (Oct 7th) of the Spencer Road Neighborhood Association from 10am to 11am at Panera Bread (748 S. Meadow St). Come catch up with your neighbors and talk about what matters to you in this community.
Reminder: the neighborhood clean up will be this Saturday, September 8th at 10am (rain date: Sunday, September 9th – same time). Meet at the intersection between the 400 and the 500 blocks of Spencer Road (where South Meadow Ext meets Spencer Road).
Meet your neighbors and help keep our neighborhood clean!
- Bring work gloves if you have them (they are also available if you do not)
- Reflective vests available
- Trash bags provided
- Refreshments provided
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
There will be a neighborhood meeting Sunday, August 26th at 10am at Panera (on South Meadow St).
- Spencer Road neighborhood clean up (which will be Saturday Sept. 8th/ rain date Sunday Sept 9th. Meet at traffic triange between the 400 and 500 block of Spencer Rd at 10am for clean up.)
- Suggestions regarding Spencer Road picnic
- Anything else that concerns the neighborhood
- Due to possible road construction on the 400 block of Spencer Road this summer, we are having a dish to pass picnic instead of block party.
- The picnic is scheduled for August 12th from 2-4 PM at lower Buttermilk Falls State Park.
- Rain date Sunday August 19th, 2-4 pm.
- Families should bring a dish to pass, own table service, and non alcohol beverages. What you bring in must be taken back out of the park with you.
- We will have a final planning meet for the picnic on Sunday July 15th at Panera Bakery at 10 AM.
Fall Road Clean-Up:
- The fall road clean-up is scheduled for Saturday September 8th at 10AM.
- The rain date is Sunday September 9th, also at 10AM.
- The meeting location for the clean-up will be at the intersection of South Meadow St Ext and Spencer Road (where the 400 and the 500 blocks of Spencer Road meet).
There will be sidewalk, curbing, and road work done on Spencer Road starting sometime in the next month. We heard from that some neighbors that they were not notified.
Last month, a representative from the City left letters in people’s doors about the work. Here is a scanned copy of the letter.
Here are the relevant sections:
The City has awarded the contract to EZ Paving/Sealcoat, LLC out of Fulton, NY. A precise schedule for construction has not been defined yet. but I expect work to commence between middle of May or June. The project includes sidewalk construction,resetting or installing curb, a small retaining wall, drainage improvements, and asphalt milling and paving on the above-mentioned streets.
You will not receive any additional billing for the sidewalk construction or for any work performed on your property; however, we may need your permission to do any related work on your property where it meets the sidewalk in case it required modifications to driveways, walkways. stairs or other features on your property in order to provide a transition to the new sidewalk.
Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times via a diversion of the existing pathway around the construction works. Vehicular access to your property will also be maintained. There might be situations where access will be limited, but the contractor will coordinate this work and changes accordingly.
Anyone with concerns should contact Eduardo Torres, Assistant Civil Engineer for the City at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our spring clean up on May 5th was a success! Together we gathered 13 bags of trash.
Good job, neighbors!
All are welcome to our neighborhood meeting, 10:00am Sunday 4/8 at Panera on South Meadow St. We will continue planning for the cleanup and block party that are happening this spring and summer.
Please join your neighborhood association Sunday, March 11th at 10:00am at the Panera on Route 13.
We will be planning our annual block party, so bring your ideas!
Please join your neighborhood association Sunday at 10:00am at the Panera on Route 13.
We will be discussing a new round of grants from Sustainable Tompkins, so bring your ideas for improving the neighborhood. Also we will start planning for the spring cleanup and summer block party