Hello neighbors! There will be a meeting this Sunday (Oct 7th) of the Spencer Road Neighborhood Association from 10am to 11am at Panera Bread (748 S. Meadow St). Come catch up with your neighbors and talk about what matters to you in this community.
Reminder: the neighborhood clean up will be this Saturday, September 8th at 10am (rain date: Sunday, September 9th – same time). Meet at the intersection between the 400 and the 500 blocks of Spencer Road (where South Meadow Ext meets Spencer Road).
Meet your neighbors and help keep our neighborhood clean!
- Bring work gloves if you have them (they are also available if you do not)
- Reflective vests available
- Trash bags provided
- Refreshments provided
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Due to possible road construction on the 400 block of Spencer Road this summer, we are having a dish to pass picnic instead of block party.
- The picnic is scheduled for August 12th from 2-4 PM at lower Buttermilk Falls State Park.
- Rain date Sunday August 19th, 2-4 pm.
- Families should bring a dish to pass, own table service, and non alcohol beverages. What you bring in must be taken back out of the park with you.
- We will have a final planning meet for the picnic on Sunday July 15th at Panera Bakery at 10 AM.
Fall Road Clean-Up:
- The fall road clean-up is scheduled for Saturday September 8th at 10AM.
- The rain date is Sunday September 9th, also at 10AM.
- The meeting location for the clean-up will be at the intersection of South Meadow St Ext and Spencer Road (where the 400 and the 500 blocks of Spencer Road meet).
Please join us for our next meeting on Sunday, 11/19 at 10:00am at Panera’s on Rt. 13. We will be discussing what to ask for in the Sustainable Tompkins mini-grant for 2018 and would love to get as much input as possible.
Thank you to all the volunteers that came out today to assist with our Fall neighborhood clean up!
Also, a thank you to Sustainable Tompkins for a grant supporting us and allowing us to buy supplies for this project.
Many bags of trash were removed from our streets!
Please join us for our fall road clean-up.
When: Saturday, October 7th starting at 10:00am
Where: Meet at traffic triangle between the 400 and 500 block of Spencer Road
Rain Date: Sunday, October 8th (at 10:00am)
Refreshments will be provided. Please bring work gloves if you have them.
The Spencer Road Neighborhood Association’s second annual Spencer Road Neighborhood Block Party will be on Sunday, August 13th! The party will go from noon to 4:00 and will be on the 400 block of Spencer Road, between the Stone Quarry Road and South Meadow Street Extension intersections, in front of Stone Quarry Apartments. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers will be donated by the Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services, but please bring a side dish or dessert to share with your neighbors.
We have a lot of new events planned for this fun family-oriented party, including a fire truck visit from 12:30pm to 3:30pm, basketball and other games, and a raffle featuring items donated by local businesses (drawing at 3pm).
This should be a fun event for everyone, so please come and meet your neighbors!