All upcoming meetings of the Spencer Road Neighborhood Association have been canceled until further notice. We look forward to meeting again once the current health crisis improves.
Our neighborhood meetings are opportunities to discuss topics of interest with the rest of the community.
When we are able to resume, meetings are held on the second Sunday of the month from 10am-11:30am at the Tompkins Community Action building at 701 Spencer Road.
Our monthly neighborhood meeting will be this Sunday, August 11, at 10 AM in the community room of Tompkins Community Action (TCA) at the Buttermilk Falls end of the street (701 Spencer Road). Please enter through the door in the rear of the building off of the parking lot (to reach the door, after you turn into TCA, take the driveway on the right to reach the parking lot at the rear).
We’ll have coffee, iced tea, and some goodies. Hope to see you then.
Our next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association will be 10:00-11:30am, Sunday, April 28, 2019 at Tompkins Community Action (701 Spencer Road). (The Door is locked, ring doorbell for entry.)
Purpose of meeting:
We want to expand and organize our association for greater effectiveness, and to develop plans to address issues with the Spencer Road/Stone Quarry intersection and the 300 block of Spencer Road.
- Brainstorming a mission statement (10 min)
- Are elections necessary? If so, what should the roles, responsibilities, and terms be? (10 min)
- Request more communication from the city, regular updates on Common Council and BPW meetings, and any items that get sent to other neighborhood organizations. (5 min)
Stone Quarry Intersection Punch List
- Fixing drainage, painting, signage (5 min)
- School buses (Where do they/should they run pickup/dropoffs?) (10 min)
- Mail delivery (Weekday delivery sees mail truck driving on sidewalk and pedestrians forced to walk on street) (20 min)
300 Block of Spencer Road
- Poor quality of road (15 min)
- Traffic calming (15 min)
- Develop dedicated turn-around on 300 block (5 min)
Planning Future Events (5 min total)
- Spring cleanup is May 4 at 10:00AM, meet on the 400 block
- The next meeting in May, date TBD, at the Tompkins County Public Library, to evaluate that as a meeting place
- Summer block party
Please join us this Sunday, Match 3, at 10am at Panera (on South Meadow St) for our monthly meeting to discuss neighborhood issues and to get to know each other. We’ll provide the coffee and a treat.
Our next Spencer Road Neighborhood Association Meeting will be on Sunday, December 2nd at 10:00am at the Panera on South Meadow St. Come meet your neighbors and discuss topics relevant to our neighborhood.
There will be a neighborhood meeting Sunday, August 26th at 10am at Panera (on South Meadow St).
- Spencer Road neighborhood clean up (which will be Saturday Sept. 8th/ rain date Sunday Sept 9th. Meet at traffic triange between the 400 and 500 block of Spencer Rd at 10am for clean up.)
- Suggestions regarding Spencer Road picnic
- Anything else that concerns the neighborhood
Our spring clean up on May 5th was a success! Together we gathered 13 bags of trash.
Good job, neighbors!
This upcoming Saturday!
Please join us for our spring road clean-up.
When: Saturday, May 5th starting at 10:00am (Rain date is
Where: Meet at traffic triangle between the 400 and 500 block of Spencer Road
Rain Date: Sunday, May 6th (at 10:00am)
Refreshments will be provided. Please bring work gloves if you have them.
All are welcome to our neighborhood meeting, 10:00am Sunday 4/8 at Panera on South Meadow St. We will continue planning for the cleanup and block party that are happening this spring and summer.
Please join your neighborhood association Sunday, March 11th at 10:00am at the Panera on Route 13.
We will be planning our annual block party, so bring your ideas!